Tuberculosis Product Sales
For more information, contact:
(317) 210-8553 l TB-IN@Lung.org
BASIC TB VALIDATION
The Participant must first successfully complete the ISDH IN-TRAIN Online Course. He/she must within 60 days, successfully complete the ALAIN TB Competency Validation Check Off Session. Once the Instructor/Trainer has submitted the Class Roster to the ALAIN, the Participant will be eligible to purchase the ALAIN Validation Card. This Validation Card is effective for three years.
ALAIN TB EDUCATION PROGRAM
In conjunction with the ISDH IN-TRAIN Online Program, it is the goal of the ALAIN to ensure that each healthcare worker Completing the Basic TB Validation Course has received:
- The education necessary to understand the history, pathogenesis, epidemiology, diagnosis, treatment, and control of TB Infection and Disease; especially as it relates to each person’s own professional and personal experience and needs;
- The education necessary to administer, read, and record Mantoux Tuberculin Skin Tests (TSTs); and
- Information about the current trends and concerns of TB Infection and Disease.
Description: This course is designed for healthcare workers who administer, read, and record Mantoux tuberculin skin tests. Persons who successfully complete first the ISDH IN-TRAIN online course and then the ALAIN live Competency Validation will receive a TB Validation Card. In agencies or facilities where training is mandated, copies of these cards should be available for survey review. Basic TB Validation Cards will expire in three years.
The two-part program (ISDH IN-TRAIN and ALAIN Competency Validation) will need to be completed every three years to maintain TB validation.
Target Audience: Interested healthcare workers involved in tuberculosis-related activities.
Criteria to receive a three-year TB Validation Card involves TWO SEPARATE STEPS, which must be completed in order:
- Complete the ISDH IN-TRAIN Basic online course. This course includes:
Under direct supervision of an ALAIN Instructor, successfully complete the Competency Validation.
- Viewing the entire online course material;
- Viewing the most recent CDC TB video (included in the online program);
- Passing the quizzes at the end of each module and passing the final 30-question test with a score of 80% or better.
- Demonstrate proficiency in reading the “Reactor Arm” indurations, using the proper CDC techniques, achieving a reading that is within 2mm of the correct answer;
- Demonstrate competency in the simulation of a Mantoux-type intradermal injection, using sterile Normal Saline and a sterile TB syringe and needle on a live person’s arm.
PLEASE NOTE: To maintain a current TB Validation, Participants must complete the two-part Basic TB program (Online and Competency Validation) every three years.