By submitting this registration, I agree to abide by each and every policy outlined in the following volunteer agreement.
Please contact the volunteer resources manager at 303.407.9414 with any questions about the policies included in this application.
I understand that Project Angel Heart is an organization that depends upon its volunteers in order to function efficiently and successfully. Therefore, I, as a volunteer, am responsible for the success of this organization. My conduct while performing services reflects the attitude and philosophy of Project Angel Heart and its reputation is dependent upon my words and actions, and I will conduct myself in a professional and businesslike manner at all times.
- Volunteer Commitment & Scheduling
- When volunteering at the main facility, I will wear a nametag for identification.
- If for any reason I cannot participate in a scheduled volunteer shift, I will notify the Volunteer Resources staff with as much notice as possible.
- I understand that more than three (3) unexcused “no call, no show” absences may warrant immediate dismissal from Project Angel Heart’s volunteer program.
- I have reviewed the volunteer handbook and position descriptions and will fulfill the duties expected of me in my role.
- I will respect and maintain all clients’, volunteers’, and donors’ confidentiality, including conversations I may overhear between staff members.
- I will establish and maintain appropriate boundaries while volunteering at Project Angel Heart that include:
- Refraining from greeting or acknowledging clients outside of Project Angel Heart service unless greeted or acknowledged by the client first.
- Refraining from wearing Project Angel Heart paraphernalia when volunteering with a client outside of Project Angel Heart. This is most important when delivering meals.
- Refraining from giving gifts of any kind to clients, or accepting gifts of any kind from clients, including money and food.
- I agree to keep all data received by Project Angel Heart in the strictest of confidence. In addition, I will return and/or destroy any copies of the data received immediately after completing the agreed upon project. I understand that Project Angel Heart holds volunteer, donor, and client data in the highest regard and will prosecute anyone who uses donor or client information without permission.
- I will treat all other volunteers, staff, clients, and visitors with respect and will do my best to honor the diversity of people and opinions that I come in contact with through Project Angel Heart.
- I will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender identification, gender variance, sexual orientation, marital status, HIV or other disease status, military status, or physical or mental disability.
- I will refrain from imposing religious or political beliefs on clients, staff, donors, or anyone with whom I come into contact with through Project Angel Heart.
- General Policies
- I understand that Project Angel Heart requires a background check to be conducted on all volunteers who come into direct contact with clients or work with confidential information.
- I agree that during my scheduled time as a volunteer for Project Angel Heart, I will abstain from using alcohol, illegal substances, or other substances that would impair my ability and that I will not volunteer for Project Angel Heart while under the influence.
- I agree that I shall not drive for Project Angel Heart without a valid driver’s license and my own vehicle insurance as required by Colorado state law.
- I agree that I will follow physical and food safety guidelines. In the event I do not understand these, I will ask for guidance.
- I understand that, in the case of an accident or injury, I am fully liable for all associated costs.
- I understand that Project Angel Heart reserves the right to terminate the services of any volunteer for any reason and at any time without notice.
- I understand that I will receive an electronic version of the volunteer handbook and can request a print version at any time.
This Release and Waiver of Liability (this "Release") releases Project Angel Heart, a nonprofit corporation existing under the laws of the state of Colorado, and each of its directors, officers, employees, volunteers, agents, successors and assigns (collectively, “Project Angel Heart”).
By signing below, I (the “Volunteer”) desire to provide volunteer services for Project Angel Heart and engage in the activities related to being a volunteer. I am entering into this Release knowingly and voluntarily in order to provide volunteer services for Project Angel Heart.
I understand that the scope of my relationship with Project Angel Heart is limited to a volunteer position and that no compensation is expected in return for services provided, that Project Angel Heart will not provide any benefits traditionally associated with employment to me, and that I am responsible for my own insurance coverage in the event of personal injury or illness as a result of my service to Project Angel Heart.
Waiver and Release. I hereby release, discharge and agree to indemnify and hold Project Angel Heart harmless from, and waive on behalf of myself, any and all causes of action, claims, demands, damages, costs, expenses, and compensation or loss to myself that may be caused by any act, or failure to act of Project Angel Heart, or that may otherwise arise in any way in connection with any volunteer activities with, or for, Project Angel Heart. I understand that this release discharges Project Angel Heart from any liability or claim that I am responsible for or may have against Project Angel Heart with respect to any bodily injury, illness, death, medical treatment that may arise from or in connection with my volunteer activities.
Additionally, by signing below, I agree to follow the Center of Disease Control (CDC) guidelines, local health guidelines, and Project Angel Heart’s safety protocols to reduce the spread of COVID19. I agree to have my temperature checked, wear a mask at all times while on premises and/or when delivering meals to clients, and regularly wash my hands to reduce the risk of exposure to myself and others. I fully understand and appreciate the risks that are inherent to my volunteer activities. I hereby assume the risk of bodily injury, illness, death, or medical treatment resulting from my volunteer activities even if resulting from the negligence of Project Angel Heart or its employees, volunteers, or clients.
By signing below, I agree to comply with the statements above. Failure to comply with these statements or verbal instructions from staff may result in my volunteer privileges being removed.
Insurance. By signing below, I understand that Project Angel heart does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide me with financial or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health, or disability benefits or insurance of any nature, including but not limited to health, medical, travel, automobile, or disability insurance in the event of my injury, illness, death, or damage to my property. I expressly waive any such claim for compensation or liability on the part of Project Angel Heart.
Medical Treatment. By signing below, I release and forever discharge Project Angel Heart from any claim or action whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first aid, treatment, or service rendered in connection with my volunteer services for Project Angel Heart, including as a result of negligence by Project Angel Heart, its employees, clients and volunteers. By signing below, I voluntarily consent to Project Angel Heart to contact any first responder on my behalf in an emergency situation.
Assumption of Risk. I, the Volunteer, understand that the services I provide to Project Angel Heart may include activities that may be hazardous to me including, but not limited to, operation of kitchen equipment, utilization of knives and other kitchen tools, lifting, pushing, and carrying heavy items, slips and falls, operating a motor vehicle, and interacting with clients, Project Angel Heart. As a volunteer, I hereby expressly assume all risk of injury or harm from these activities and release Project Angel Heart from all liability for injury, illness, death, or property damage resulting from my volunteer services for Project Angel Heart.
Other. By signing below, I expressly agree that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the state of Colorado. I further agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this release is deemed invalid, the invalidity of such clauses and provisions shall not otherwise affect the remaining clauses and provisions of the release.