A Meal With Heart Gives Hope
All proceeds from Dining Out For Life® in the Denver/Boulder/ Colorado Springs area directly support Project Angel Heart, a nonprofit organization that prepares and delivers medically tailored meals for people living with cancer, HIV/AIDS, kidney disease, and other serious illnesses. Funds raised through this event specifically benefit the portion of our clients living with HIV/AIDS.
Meals Make a Difference
Access to a nutritious meal shouldn't be a worry for people living with a severe illness. But many people confronting illness don't know how to eat to best support their health. Some are unable to cook for themselves. Others find they must choose between food and medicine to make ends meet.
That's why we prepare and deliver delicious, medically tailored meals—free of charge—to Coloradans with severe illnesses. Project Angel Heart meals are designed to improve their quality of life and the effectiveness of medical treatments.
What Makes Project Angel Heart Unique?
- In fiscal year 2021, we served over 560,000 meals to more than 4,500 clients, a new record in an unprecedented year.
- The people that receive our meals are living with cancer, HIV/AIDS, kidney/heart/lung disease, or other serious illnesses, or are dependents of someone who is ill.
- Each week in our commercial kitchen in Denver, our team of chefs make meals from scratch, using high-quality ingredients. Our meals are made in partnership with a registered dietitian and meet evidence-based guidelines for the illnesses and side effects with which our clients are living.
- Volunteers make it possible for us to do what we do. In fiscal year 2021, we had 8,200 volunteers who donated more than 63,000 hours of service.
- In fiscal year 2021, volunteers donated 24,076 hours of their time to decorate approximately 50,000 meal bags, which clients have described as receiving weekly greeting cards.
Food is powerful medicine for people who are coping with serious illnesses, and we need your help to make sure that our medically tailored meals get to those most in need. Here are a few ways that you can make a difference:
- Volunteer Your Time: View our volunteer opportunities and make a difference for the people we serve. Volunteer now »
- Stay in Touch: Sign up for our emails to get healthy recipes from our kitchen, useful info on food and nutrition, and Project Angel Heart news. Sign up »
- Help Provide Medically Tailored Meals Year-Round: Make monthly gifts and become a member of our Bread & Butter Club. Give monthly »