A Meal With Heart Gives Hope
All proceeds from Dining Out For Life® in the Denver/Boulder/ Colorado Springs area directly support Project Angel Heart, a nonprofit organization that prepares and delivers medically tailored meals for people living with HIV/AIDS, cancer, kidney disease, and other severe illnesses.
Meals Make a Difference
Access to a nutritious meal shouldn't be a worry for people living with a severe illness. But many people confronting illness don't know how to eat to best support their health. Some are unable to cook for themselves. Others find they must choose between food and medicine to make ends meet.
That's why we prepare and deliver delicious, medically tailored meals—free of charge—to Coloradans with severe illnesses.
What Makes Project Angel Heart Unique?
- Each week in our commercial kitchen in Denver, our team of chefs make meals from scratch, using high-quality ingredients. Our meals are made in partnership with a registered dietitian and meet evidence-based guidelines for the illnesses and side effects with which our clients are living.
- The neighbors who receive our meals are living with HIV/AIDS, cancer, kidney/heart/lung disease, or other severe illnesses, or are dependents of someone who is ill.
- In fiscal year 2022, we server more than 680,000 meals to more than 4,700 Coloradans, a new record.
- Volunteers make it possible for us to do what we do. In fiscal year 2022, 8,200 volunteers donated more than 63,000 hours of service.
- In fiscal year 2022, volunteers donated 24,076 hours of their time to decorate approximately 50,000 meal bags, which clients have described as receiving weekly greeting cards
Food is powerful medicine for people who are living with severe illnesses, and we need your help to make sure that our medically tailored meals get to those most in need. Here are a few ways that you can make a difference:
- Volunteer Your Time: View our volunteer opportunities and make a difference for the people we serve. Volunteer now »
- Stay in Touch: Sign up for our emails to get healthy recipes from our kitchen, useful info on food and nutrition, and Project Angel Heart news. Sign up »
- Help Provide Medically Tailored Meals Year-Round: Make monthly gifts and become a member of our Bread & Butter Club. Give monthly »