AIDS WALK CENTRAL OHIO:
The 2017 Robert J. Fass Memorial AIDS Walk Central Ohio will take place on Saturday, April 15, 2017 in Columbus. This year’s tri-city walk/run/ride is slated to be the largest HIV/AIDS awareness event in Ohio.
The mission of AIDS Walk Central Ohio is to raise awareness and funds for HIV/AIDS service organizations through education and promotional activities leading up to the walk and through the participation of corporations, walkers, runners, civic leaders and community members together in this annual event.
Our goal for this year’s event is 1600 participants and $338,000 in funds for HIV/AIDS services.
Throughout the year we encounter thousands of individuals who come to us for support and for help to manage their battle with HIV/AIDS. We care about every person infected, affected and at risk of HIV/AIDS in our community and we will ensure that your contribution will be utilized to make a difference in the lives of as many people as possible. Every gift helps!
Here are just a few examples of what your donation can accomplish:
• $30 helps us enroll a newly-diagnosed individuals into care—30 per month
• $60 covers the costs for a 20-minute HIV test and accompanying prevention counseling
• $90 provides an hour of mental health counseling for individuals struggling to cope with their diagnosis
• $120 allows us to train another 5 testing and outreach volunteers
• $250 helps us advocate for funding for treatment, testing and prevention programs.