Welcome to Kelsey's Personal Page
Welcome to my Walk In Her Shoes 2020 page!
CARE's Walk In Her Shoes challenges you to walk 10,000 steps, the distance many women and girls in developing countries walk every day to collect what they need to survive -- like water, food, and firewood.
We can change this.
On March 8, 2020, I will be walking 10,000 steps in solidarity with these women and to raise funds to break the cycle of poverty. This year, all funds raised will support efforts to fight malnutrition in Malawi through CARE's Healthy Moms, Healthy Babies project. For every dollar I raise, the Government of Canada will provide $10 for this deserving initiative. If you donate $25 this means that $275 will go to the CARE program in Malawi.
• Because every Country matters…
• Malawi is one of the poorest and least developed counties in the world
• Half of its population lives on less than 1.25 a day
• 24% of girls aged 15-19 have never attended school compared to 14% of their male counterparts
• 10% of girls likely to be married before the are of 15
• Adolescent pregnancies comprise of 25% of all births
• $73 dollars Canadian will support 1 family for 1 year in the program- significantly impacting the lives of current and future generations
CARE does not do the work…but rather they collaborate with local organizations and “train the trainer” at all levels – on the local towns, municipalities and help in public policy. The program is making an impact through:
• Nutrition & Education and how to help severely malnourished children
• Access to clean water and improved sanitization
• Farming techniques & home gardens and how they are adapting to climate change
• Micro-finance – through Village Savings and Loans
Please join me as a supporter and, if you can, as a walker by joining my team "Perfect10s"
Thank you very much!
Share this page:
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.