Frequently Asked Questions
Registration & Your Participant Center
WHAT IS THE REGISTRATION FEE?
- Registration includes a swag bag that will be mailed to you before the ride if you register as a virtual rider on or before 9/8. Inside you’ll find a Pedal 4 Possible fanny pack, a customizable bib, and more goodies. Only registered participants will receive a swag bag, so encourage everyone in your family to register!
- If you register as an in-person participant, you will receive your swag back at packet pickup.
AM I REQUIRED TO FUNDRAISE IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE?
- Fundraising is not required, but we strongly encourage each participant to raise money to support patients at Craig. Plus, you'll earn fundraising prizes if you raise $300 or more by September 27! Use our Fundraising Guide to help maximize your fundraising efforts!
HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE ON A TEAM? CAN I HAVE THE SAME TEAM AS LAST YEAR?
- Teams must have at least two members.
- Team captains have the ability to bring back last year's team when they login to register.
WHAT IS MY PARTICIPATION CENTER? WHERE CAN I FIND IT?
- Once you register, you will have access to an online fundraising center. Customize your personal page with your Craig story and why you're raising money. Use the online tools to send emails to help you reach your fundraising goal!
|DO I NEED TO REGISTER MY CHILD?
- Yes. We require riders of all ages to register and the pre-registration fee for children ages 4-12 is $40, day-of registration is $50.
- If your child is 3 or under and riding a trailer on the 10K, you do not need to register them. Only children who are riding independently on their own bike need to be registered.
- Parents may register children as secondary riders when they register themselves. If the child does not have an email address, parents may use their own email for their child's registration.
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE VIRTUALLY?
- Celebrate what’s possible from your own homes and neighborhoods by doing any kind of recreational activity from September 15-18. Prefer to complete your activity in one day? Great! Do you want to take it slow-and-steady? That's fine too! You get to create your own goals and rules!
- Make sure you tag your photos and videos of your activity on your own social media accounts using the hastag #P4P21. We will highlights some of these pics and participant stories during Pedal 4 Possible week on Craig's social media channels.
CAN I REGISTER MORE THAN ONE PERSON AT A TIME?
- Yes! You may register multiple participants in one registration payment. Please make sure you have accurate Jersey/Summit Top sizes. You will not be able to register additional participants after the registration is complete. NOTE: As long as you have used separate emails for each participant, everyone registered will have access to their own personal page in the Participant Center.
I REGISTERED BUT NOW I CAN'T ATTEND. CAN I GET A REFUND?
- We are happy to transfer your registration to another participant, but we cannot offer a refund for any reason.
I REGISTERED LAST YEAR, BUT I CAN'T REMEMBER MY PASSWORD. HOW DO I RESET IT?
- Click the "login" button on the homepage and you will be directed to a page where you will have the option to click "Forgot User Name" or "Forgot Password." Still having trouble? Contact us, and we'll be happy to help!
|WHAT IS MY RIDER NUMBER?
- In your packet, you will receive a rider number. Please follow the instructions on the rider number sheet to properly assemble and attach your rider number and wristband. All items are color-coded to match the course you have elected to ride. You must wear your rider number and wristband at all times during the ride. The helmet tag is optional, though encouraged. Your wristband gives you access to all amenities at the Aid Stations and Home Base.
Let's Get Social!
|IS THERE ANYWHERE I CAN CONNECT WITH OTHER PARTICIPANTS?
- YES! We have a private Strava club and Facebook group just for P4P participants! Within these groups, participants can share their stories, activities, and cheer each other on! Click HERE for step-by-step instructions on joining our Strava club.
To encourage participation, we have created some fun contests. The more you are involved, the more chances you have to win some great prizes!
Follow along with our Spirit themes, and share your photos to be entered into a drawing to win a daily gift card. To enter the daily competition, you must post your photo in the 2021 Craig Hospital Pedal 4 Possible Facebook Group each day by 10 p.m. MT (even if you’ve already shared it on your own social channel). If you don’t have a Facebook account, you may email your photo to Jordan at email@example.com. We will draw names the following morning and contact you via email if you are the winner.
Wednesday, September 15-$50 Amazon Gift Card
Rep your city or state!
It’s all about hometown pride! Snap a photo at a local landmark, with a favorite local delicacy, or wearing some local gear. We want to see where you are!
Thursday, September 16-$50 REI Gift Card
Show us how you recreate with a friend! Let’s see your shots with your best buddy (human or animal)!
Friday, September 17-$50 Target Gift Card
Tell us why you are participating in Pedal 4 Possible
You’re recreating for a reason, and we want to know what that is! Fill out the bib that was included in your swag bag, and snap a picture. What is your “why?”
Saturday, September 18-$50 Amazon Gift Card
Wear your best Craig Gear!
You made it to the finish line! Snap of pic of you in your best Craig gear: fanny pack, jersey, t-shirt or hat. We want to see how you show your Craig spirit! Thanks for empowering lives and recreating for what is possible!
Strava Participation Prize
If you join the Pedal 4 Possible club on Strava and participate throughout the week by tracking your activity, you will be entered into a drawing for a $250 shopping spree at PEARL iZUMi. We will draw on Monday, September 20 and contact you via email if you are the winner.
Spirit of Pedal Prize
The Pedal 4 Possible planning committee will recognize the person who has shown the most P4P spirit through social media involvement, photo contest entries, and fundraising activity. The winner will receive a $250 shopping spree at PEARL iZUMi. We will make our selection on Monday, September 20 and contact you via email if you are the winner.
Top Individual Fundraiser/ Top Fundraising Team
The person who has raised the most on their personal fundraising page by 11:59 p.m. MT on Monday, September 27 will be crowned the Top Individual Fundraiser and will receive a fancy Pedal 4 Possible plaque and our undying gratitude. Likewise, the Top Fundraising Team will receive a plaque and a place in the record books forever
Jerseys & Summit Tops
I RAISED $300! WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY JERSEY OR SUMMIT TOP?
- Participants that raise $300 (registration fee not included) by 8/2 will receive their jersey or dri-fit Summit Top before the event. Jerseys and Summit Tops earned after 8/2 will be mailed several weeks after the event. Participants may continue to fundraise until September 27!
WHAT ARE THE JERSEY & SUMMIT TOP SIZE OPTIONS?
- For measurements, please refer to the chart below.
- Jerseys are a standard fit and are available in Men's XS, Small, Medium, Large, XL, and XXL and Women's XS, Small, Medium, Large, XL, and XXL.
- Summit Tops are a relaxed fit and are available in Men's Small, Medium, Large, XL, and XXL and Women's XS, Small, Medium, Large, and XL.
- Click HERE to enlarge the size chart below.
WHAT IF MY JERSEY OR SUMMIT TOP DOESN'T FIT?
- We apologize, but Jerseys/Summit Tops cannot be traded for different sizes after September 27.
|CAN MY CHILD RIDE IN A TRAILER?
- Bike trailers and carriers are only permitted on the 10K course.
- Trailer bikes (also known by the brand name Trail-a-Bike) are welcome on all courses.
DO I HAVE TO WEAR A HELMET?
- Yes, all riders (no matter the age) must wear helmets at all times when cycling.
ARE SAFETY FLAGS REQUIRED FOR RECUMBENT BIKES AND HAND CYCLES?
WHEN AND WHERE IS PACKET PICK-UP?
- Packet pick-up will be held at the Craig Hospital Foundation (880 E Hampden Ave, Englewood, CO 80113; parking is available behind the building) and PEARL iZUMi (101 S Taylor Ave, Louisville, CO 80027).
- 9/16 (11:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.) at Craig Foundation
- 9/17 (9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.) at Craig Foundation
- 9/17 (4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.) at PEARL iZUMi
- If you are unable to make any of the above times, packets will also be available at the registration/check-in table on the day of the ride at PEARL iZUMi, starting at 6:00 a.m.
- Please let us know in advance if you are picking up packets for a group.
WHERE CAN I GET MY BIKE READY FOR THE RIDE?
- 10% of the Velofix service fee will be donated, in the name of the customer, to Pedal 4 Possible (Craig Hospital). Please use the promo code: P4P2021 when scheduling your appointment online or during your service.
WHAT HAPPENS IF IT RAINS?
- P4P is rain or shine, unless a weather emergency occurs. According to the National Weather Service, a weather emergency includes high winds, flooding, extreme heat, and wildfires.
|WHAT ARE YOUR COVID-19 SAFETY PRECAUTIONS?
- We care about you and want to have a safe and successful event. We are requiring masks for all participants, spectators, volunteers, and staff members in the home base area at PEARL iZUMi and at the aid stations, except while eating and drinking. This restriction applies to everyone, even if you are fully vaccinated.
- We will provide hand sanitizing stations through the event and will be following enhanced cleaning protocols at home base and aid stations.
- If you are feeling unwell, you must stay home.
- Our safety plan has been thoroughly vetted by Craig Hospital’s Incident Command and Infection Prevention personnel, and we ask for your full cooperation to keep everyone safe and healthy
HOW MUCH OF MY DONATION WILL BENEFIT CRAIG PATIENTS?
- Pedal 4 Possible provides patients with spinal cord and brain injuries with unique programs that challenge the status quo of typical rehabilitation. These Culture of Care programs, like Therapeutic Recreation, Community Reintegration, and Assistive Technology, are vital to patients’ holistic rehabilitation and help them rebuild a life filled with possibilities. But these programs are not covered by insurance! They rely on participants like YOU. One hundred percent of every dollar that you raise through your Pedal 4 Possible fundraising goes directly to Craig’s Culture of Care fund. The event is planned entirely by an interdisciplinary team of Craig therapists and Foundation staff members. The result? An event with heart—a personal, intimate experience infused with Craig magic. Maybe you’ve felt the power of Craig’s Culture of Care yourself as a patient or family member. Maybe you’ve heard the stories of so many who go through Craig and want to help. Whatever your passion, whatever your reason, Craig’s Culture of Care could not exist without generous people like YOU. Thanks for participating!
HOW DO I APPLY FOR A MATCHING GIFT WITH MY EMPLOYER?
- Company matching is a great way to make your fundraising dollars go further! Please speak with a representative from your company's Human Resource department for more information. Our EIN is 23-7352287.
WILL I RECEIVE A RECEIPT FOR MY DONATION?
- If you make an online donation of $250 or more, you will receive a receipt for tax purposes in the mail.
- Donations made online under $250 will be acknowledged via email. Please contact us if you need a copy for your files.
- Donations of any amount made offline will receive an acknowledgement letter in the mail.
WHERE DO I SEND CHECK DONATIONS? WHO DO I MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO?
- Please make checks payable to "Craig Hospital Foundation" and write "P4P" and the name of the participant (if you are donating to a participant) in the memo.
Craig Hospital Foundation
3425 S. Clarkson Street
Englewood, CO 80113
IS MY DONATION OR SPONSORSHIP TAX DEDUCTIBLE?
- All donations made in support of Pedal 4 Possible are 100% tax deductible. Please consult your tax advisor.
- Craig Hospital Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit (EIN #23-7352287), tax exempt charity registered and in good standing with the IRS. If you purchased a sponsorship or participated in the event, please reference the table below that lists the tax deductible gift amount based on your level of participation.
TELL ME ABOUT THE PARTY!
- We'll have a post-ride party from 11:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. with food and beer (bring your ID!).
- The post-ride party is complimentary for registered riders and volunteers. We are accepting $20 donations online and at the registration table to cover food and beverage costs for non-riders/volunteers.
- Life Journey Fitness and The Studio of Unique Fitness will be providing stretching and pilates!
| CAN I BRING FRIENDS AND FAMILY?
- We love cheerleaders at the start/finish line! If friends and family are interested in being on the course, please have them register to volunteer for the event. We are accepting $20 donations online and at the registration table to cover the food and beverage costs for non-riders/volunteers.
CAN I BRING MY DOG?
- While we love all pets, P4P is not a pet friendly event. Please leave your furbabies at home.
- Service animals are welcome.
If you don't see the answer to your question, feel free to contact us!