COVID-19 and 2020 Fundraising Events
As the region's largest health care provider, it is critical that Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health do everything possible to support community efforts to reduce transmission and continue to flatten the curve of infection from COVID-19, especially as state restrictions relax in order to allow business activity to resume. We take our responsibility seriously as a provider of health care to avoid activities that could in any way facilitate the spread of disease by potentially bringing asymptomatic carriers together with others, some of whom could likely be health-compromised individuals. This is why we made a decision to cancel, postpone, or transition to virtual events all in-person fundraising, engagement, or stewardship events through December 31, 2020. In addition, our staff is unable to attend third-party events conducted on behalf of our organization during this timeframe.
We are grateful for the support and commitment you bring to Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth-Htichcock (CHaD) as a member of our Hearts in Action team. While the impact of COVID-19 on our fundraising will be significant, the health and well-being of our community is what is most important to us. If you have an event planned on behalf of CHaD through our Hearts in Action program, we encourage you to follow the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control as well as your local and state guidelines. If possible, please consider using our online fundraising platform to host your event virtually. Your willingness to give of your time and effort demonstrates how much you care about CHaD, and the 95,000 children we serve annually. Thank you!
CHaD Community Fundraising
Our programs make CHaD as unique as the 95,000 kids we serve each year. We need you to help sustain them both.
COVID-19 has changed the way we fundraise in 2020. In March, the CHaD Battle of the Badges hockey game was played without an audience, the impact of which was a loss of $60,000 for our young patients. While we don't know what is in store for the rest of our events this year, we are anticipating fundraising shortfalls due to the pandemic. We also know that in addition to providing pediatric COVID-19 care, our needs are increasing, particularly around family support and our programming for victims of abuse. We are grateful for community support in all forms. Additional information on the impact of CHaD community fundraising is available here.
- Keith Loud, MD, MSc, Physician-in-Chief at CHaD discusses COVID-19 prevention recommendations for kids, the use of telehealth technology for CHaD visits, and when to call your pediatrician.
- CHaD Child Life Specialists provide tips for talking with your children about COVID-19.
- Heather Wolfe, MPH, RDN, LD, CHC, shares tips on how to turn the kitchen into a classroom.
- Shiri Macri MA, LCMHC, provides tips for balancing family life when working and studying under one roof.
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health has launched a virtual webinar series to help manage stress and anxiety amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
- For the latest updates on COVID-19 from D-HH, visit https://www.dartmouth-hitchcock.org/patient-education/coronavirus.html or call 603-650-1818.