QLLA Charities Fundraiser for CAPP
Both the CHaD Classic Golf Tournament and the CHaD Gala have been cancelled this year because of the coronavirus pandemic.
This was a painful decision for QLLA Charities. We’ve been supporting the kids at CHaD for 36 years, the last 15 specifically geared to CHaD’s Child Advocacy and Protection Program (CAPP). CAPP treats children who have been abused, neglected or otherwise maltreated. It also works with at-risk families to prevent future abuse. It relies heavily on philanthropy to carry on its important work.
We can’t abandon CAPP kids now -- they need our help more than ever.
Experts predict that child abuse cases in the U.S. will rise due to COVID-19, social isolation, and financial and other stressors. This makes continuing to fundraise for CAPP essential.
For this reason, we are sponsoring a “Reach for the Stars” virtual fundraiser for CAPP. Donations in any amount are welcome. All who donate will have their name put on a star to fill our Sky of Hope on display at the Quechee Club. See below how your donation can support CAPP.
- $25 - can provide a gas card to help a family in need get to their child’s CAC/CAPP appointment
- $50 - can provide distraction toys to keep kids engaged during their exam or emotionally supportive/educational books material to a parent and child in helping them through their trauma
- $100 - can provide an outfit for a teenager who had to leave their clothes with the doctor as part of the evidence gathered in a CAPP exam
- $250 - can support a project manager to work with UVM, CAPP and GS Children’s Alliance to expand the Know and Tell Professional Educational module for child abuse and neglect recognition, response and child protection to be used regionally in all of New England
- $500 - can support an education coordinator to educate all DCYF/DCF staff regionally in collaboration with UVM