Donations can be made online or checks can be mailed to:
D-H/Geisel Office of Gift Recording
One Medical Center Drive
Lebanon, NH 03756
Please make checks payable to:
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
Click on a header to see questions within that category.
Will there be an in-person event this year?
- We will announce in-person Prouty participation options in early spring 2021 based on safety and health guidelines. Space will be limited. In-person participation sign-ups will open to pre-registered participants first. Stay tuned for more details!
What is a Virtual Prouty?
- The Virtual Prouty allows you to do The Prouty anywhere, anyway, anytime! In honor of the 40th Annual Prouty, the Virtual Prouty will run for 40 days between June 1 and July 10. We will produce an enhanced virtual event in 2021 which will include a live ceremony broadcast, ProutyGear Rewards with curbside pick-up, and much more to raise vital funds for The Friends of the Norris Cotton Cancer Center.
Can I follow a Prouty route if I'm participating Virtually?
- Yes, but please be mindful of physical distancing! Many of our bike and walk routes are popular destinations year-round. We do not want them to become overcrowded and put anyone at risk while doing the Virtual Prouty. Additionally, while The Prouty takes great pride in offering above-average road support and food at aid stations, unfortunately, there will be no support in 2021 unless otherwise specified.
Will I receive a banner in the mail?
- We have created electronic Virtual Banners and Virtual Bibs that will serve the same purpose download yours here! *Coming Soon*
How do I send in my Virtual picture?
- When you complete your Virtual event, please take a picture and send a high-resolution version of it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Print off a Virtual Banner *Coming Soon* here to show in your photo and don’t forget to wear your old ProutyGear or Prouty t-shirt if you have one.
Are there registration fees and fundraising requirements?
- There will be no registration fees for the Virtual Prouty this year, only for the Virtual Prouty Ultimate. In order to earn ProutyGear Rewards (including t-shirts!), all participants must meet the applicable fundraising levels outlined on the ProutyGear Rewards page.
We will announce our in-person Prouty participation options in early spring 2021 based on safety and health guidelines. Space will be limited. In-person participation sign-ups will open to pre-registered participants first and fundraising minimums will be applied for each participation type.
Will I receive a t-shirt?
- If you reach the first fundraising milestone of $150+ ($50 for youth 18 and under), as outlined on the ProutyGear Rewards page, you will receive a t-shirt.
Can I still be an Ulti-mate for the 2021 Virtual Prouty Ultimate?
- No, we will not be having Ulti-Mates for the Virtual Prouty Ultimate because we have already reduced the Fundraising Minimum to $1,500. Should we be able to announce an in-person Ultimate in the Spring, this may change. We will reach out to any registered Ultimates to offer new options if they are available.
As a Virtual Prouty Ultimate, will I still receive a complimentary bike jersey?
- Yes, bike jerseys are included in our new ProutyGear Rewards. As an Ultimate, you'll receive the Ultimate jersey instead of the standard one. Look for information about ordering additional kit items in early spring!
Can my Family Team also join a General Team?
- Unfortunately, no. Our new registration system does not allow you to join both a Family Team and a General Team. You can find out more information on teams here.
Do I need to add all of my family members at the same time?
- Family members can be added at any time during/or after your registration process.
Can I join a team after I have registered?
- Yes, you can do this in your Participant Center. Please log in and navigate to your Participant Center. Click "Profile", followed by "Event Options", here you can join a team. If you wish to start a new team after registering as an individual, please email email@example.com or call 1-800-226-8744.
Can some of my family sign up for the Virtual Ultimate and some sign up for The Virtual Prouty?
- Yes, each family member can sign up for different events or the same event by selecting the appropriate registration type and event on the registration form.
Where do I, or my friends, send donations or sponsorship checks?
- Send checks to: D-H/Geisel Office of Development, One Medical Center Drive, Lebanon, NH 03756. Make checks payable to D-HH/The Prouty. The name of the person sponsored should be written in the memo line of the check, or in a note accompanying the check. Click here to download the offline donation form.
Who should the check be made out to?
- Make checks payable to D-HH/The Prouty. The name of the person sponsored should be written in the memo line of the check, or in a note accompanying the check.
What if I have cash donations?
- As The Prouty staff are currently working from home, we cannot directly accept cash donations. You can get a cashier’s check or money order for these donations. If you are collecting cash from your donors make sure to get their addresses so they can be sent an acknowledgment of their gift. Contact our offices (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be sent a contribution form to keep track of donation information.
Can I write a check for all of the cash donations that I have collected?
- Yes, BUT: if you do this you will be the one getting the tax recognition and not the donors. This is a government regulation that we cannot change. We suggest that you note the names and addresses of the individual donors, then each of the individual donors will receive a thank you and we can credit them with the donation on your donor honor roll.
For donation and tax purposes, what town is the official location for The Prouty?
- The official “city” for Friends of Norris Cotton Cancer Center is Lebanon, NH, with a zip code of 03756.
How do I find the URL for my personal page?
- Log in to TheProuty.org. Click the "Participant Center" button and then scroll down to the "Personal Page" section. Here you can find the URL to your personal page. You can even customize your URL by clicking the green URL Settings button to the right.
How do I edit my personal page?
- Log in to TheProuty.org. Click the "Participant Center" button and scroll down to the "Personal Page" section. Here you can edit your text and add a personal photo!
I have registered as an individual, how do I join a team?
- Log in to TheProuty.org. Click the "Participant Center" button and then click the "Profile" button followed by the "Event Options" button - here you can join a team. If you wish to start a new team after registering as an individual please email email@example.com or call 1-800-226-8744.
How do I change my fundraising goal on my personal page?
- Log in to TheProuty.org. Click the "Participant Center" button and you will see the "Your Fundraising Progress" section at the top of the page, click the green button to the right, just above your thermometer to edit your goal amount. Enter the new amount and hit save.