Free Cards (2012 -WB)
- When you order from this catalog, be sure to request special gift cards to let your loved ones know about the gifts given in their honor. Just indicate the number of cards needed and we'll send them to you. ***Please allow 3 to 4 weeks for shipping of this item. ****Limit 20 cards.
1-burner kerosene stove (2012 - WB)
- Deforestation plagues many of the poor communities we serve, especially in Haiti. The gift of a new stove not only offers a poor family a reusable cooking unit but also prevents trees from being cut down for firewood.
Provide a fruit tree for a family (2012 - WB)
- Your gift of fruit-bearing trees will provide hungry families with a nutritious and sustainable source of food and additional income. Avocado, breadfruit and mango trees not only provide healthy food; these trees also offer welcome shade, help combat deforestation and yield fruit which may be sold in the village.
Feed a family for a month (2012 - WB)
- One Haitian mother describes what she does when food is scarce: she feeds each of her three children one teaspoon of food at a time and repeats this until there is nothing left. For just $14.60, you can offer a precious gift of food and feed a family of four for a month.
10 Banana Bark Christmas cards (2012BB -WB)
- When you order handcrafted Banana Bark Christmas cards, you are helping poor Haitian families provide lifesaving food for their hungry children. These cards offer a valuable source of income for the poorest of the poor in Haiti and your support can help restore their hope. ***This item takes 3 to 4 weeks for shipping. To receive your order quicker, please call 1-866-303-3877.
Set of 10 Banana Bark All Occasion cards (2012 -WB)
- What better way to send a message of love and appreciation than with a hand-crafted card from Haiti? These beautiful cards are an elegant and eco-friendly way to send a message and show you care.
***This item takes 3 to 4 weeks for shipping. To receive your order quicker, please call 1-866-303-3877.
School supplies for a child for a year (2012 - WB)
- In developing countries, poverty-stricken parents cannot afford books and other school supplies for their children. The gift of school supplies will help children learn how to read — a truly life-changing skill.
Provide 100 lbs. of rice and beans (2012 - WB)
- Rice and beans are an important source of protein and carbohydrates for hungry families. These staples provide vital nutrients to children who might otherwise starve. You can help end the cries of hunger through a gift of rice and beans.
Provide 20 chicks to provide eggs (2012 - WB)
- The gift of baby chicks provides a poor family not only with a sustainable source of protein from eggs, but also with supplemental income from selling extra eggs. Chickens are inexpensive to raise and maintain, and the protein provided by eggs helps prevent the devastating effects of malnutrition.
Shirt, pants and shoes for an orphan (2012 - WB)
- For orphans in the developing world, a gift of clothing and shoes shows them they are special and loved. Your gift to provide clothing and shoes will bring a delighted smile to a precious child.
Food For The Poor has maintained fundraising and administrative costs of less than 5% of its expenses; more than 95% of all donations go directly to programs that help the poor.
Food For The Poor Canada — Canadian residents donate here
Food For The Poor provides emergency international relief to Latin America & the Caribbean — and takes swift action whenever and wherever people need help.