Please note that this web site may be unavailable between midnight and 05:00 AM Central time. If you are in the process of entering information, be aware that your session could be interrupted at any time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
(Un) Heard Voices is based on the results of a focus group with Asian immigrant women and Asian American women from different backgrounds.
The following Voices from the Focus Group comprise the main sections:
- Prevalence of domestic violence in Asian communities;
- Is domestic violence cultural?
- Who are the victims and perpetrators?
- Is Calling the Police an Option?
- Is Calling the Hotline an Option?
- Barriers Confronting Asian Battered Women
- What should happen to the batterers?
- Is Domestic Violence a Public Matter?
- What Can the Community do to Stop the Violence?
- What Kinds of Services would make a Difference?
The report includes major recommendations to service providers and the Appendix Section includes national listing of organizations devoted to Asian battered women.
This publication is available as a digital download only.
You might also consider: