Welcome to the page of
Raised to Goal of $500.00
Welcome to My Personal Page
Belief drives mission at Prisma Health Cancer Institute Please allow me to share why I believe in the mission of the Cancer Institute.
Cancer care is about comfort, compassion, and enhanced access to care. Our focus is on treating the whole person, not just the disease. This focus enhances the quality of life for those with cancer in our community and beyond through clinical excellence and research.
Our programs provide services spanning the full breadth of cancer care from real-time help for cancer survivors in treatment, to on-going wellness programs, and groundbreaking firsts in human research. These essential services are supported by funds raised during the upcoming Dragon Boat Upstate Festival.
Some of the programs supported by this campaign include:
• The Center for Integrative Oncology and Survivorship - Life changing survivorship programs dedicated to providing a holistic approach to cancer care.
• The Center for Cancer Prevention and Wellness –Providing community members with resources and the support of a medical team to decrease cancer risk or recurrence.
• The Upstate Mobile Mammography Initiative - Providing greater access to breast cancer screenings across communities in the Upstate.
• The Institute for Translational Oncology Research (ITOR) - Groundbreaking cancer research taking place right here at the Prisma Health Cancer Institute!
• The McCrary Blood & Marrow Transplant Unit – Advanced treatment options to provide best possible outcomes for patients with cancer and bloodborne disease.
• The South Carolina Ovarian Cancer Foundation – Empowering women through education, support, and promotion of ovarian cancer research.
An early influence in oncology nursing was the compassionate care I observed as nurses cared for my beloved Aunt Addie during her treatment for ovarian cancer. After graduating from the Clemson School of Nursing in 1980 I gained experience in pediatrics, women's health in rural Edgefield County, and public health in central Africa before settling into my professional mission in oncology for the next 3 plus decades. Heading into the forty second year of my nursing career, I am honored to work with a team focused on answering questions related to root causes of cancer. At the Center for Cancer Prevention and Wellness, I educate research participants about their personal cancer risks related to lifestyle, genetics, and provide preventive and screening recommendations. Participants provide biologic samples for future study of molecular changes in cell function. The goal is to grow our knowledge and influence potential discoveries such as, early detection methods, new treatments and ultimately to intervene, reverse and prevent cancer.
Asking for your help to advance the goals of the Cancer Institute is easy because it matters. Whether you are part of our health system or not, the research has the potential to impact all of us.
Thank you for reading to this point and what follows is how you can help if this is a mission of interest to you.
Click DONATE NOW on this page.
Donate via check made payable to:
Prisma Health Dragon Boat Upstate Festival
Memo: CIOS - Susan Webb
Mail Checks To:
Prisma Health Office of Philanthropy
ATTN: Cyndie Ford
300 E. McBee Ave., Suite 201
Greenville, SC 29601-2882
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.