The Power of Social Media is Real
We use social media every day to check in on our favorite people, share photos and support causes we care about. It’s a powerful tool to spread a message you want to share.
Start Fundraising with Facebook. Log in to your Participant Center and the giant blue box will connect your page to a Facebook Fundraiser. The money you raise on Facebook counts towards your bike’s fundraising goal and all donations will automatically be included on your page.
Start Fundraising with Instagram. On the mobile version of Instagram, go to our Tour de Pier Instagram. There is a support button that gives you the option to either donate directly to Tour de Pier or create your own fundraiser. Instagram has a great how-to to get your fundraiser set up..
Ideas to help you get social:
1. Get connected! Follow us for the latest Tour de Pier developments - and share them with your community.
2. Add your story! Read our powerful Why I Ride stories to find inspiration and motivation to share your own story. Storytelling is a great way to fundraise.
3. Spread the word! Let people know you’re participating in the Tour de Pier and what it means to ride to move charity towards a cancer cure. Plus, it’s a great way to share your fundraising link and ask for donations. Here’s some sample posts:
a. So excited to be riding in this year’s Tour de Pier! Join me or donate to help move charity towards a cancer cure ☞ (Insert personal fundraising page) #TourdePier
- b. We’ve all been touched by cancer, this year I’m riding to make a difference. On May 21, 2023 I’ll be on the Manhattan Beach Strand for the Tour de Pier. Join me or donate to help move charity towards a cancer cure ☞ (Insert personal fundraising page) #movecharityforward
- c. Since 2013, the Tour de Pier has raised over $10M for cancer research and patient support. It’s more than an event, we’re a community passionate about curing cancer. Join me or donate to help move charity towards a cancer cure ☞ (Insert personal fundraising page) #TourdePier #movecharityforward
On desktop, right click “save image as” or on mobile, press & hold until a prompt pops up and save image on your camera roll.