Inspiring others to support Living Beyond Breast Cancer’s Reach & Raise community requires tools and strategies to make your job easier. LBBC has them, and we’re here to help!
Here are our 8 Great Fundraising Tips that are easy to do and proven to work. These come from our staff and some top Reach & Raise veterans from around the country.
- Fundraising begins with you: Make your gift right away to show your commitment and to use as a jumping-off point in conversations about Reach & Raise. Being able to say, “I support this,” will mean a lot to your friends, family and co-workers.
- Talk about your connection: If you have a story of how breast cancer has affected you or your loved ones and you feel comfortable telling that story, please do. It can be a story you use in a letter or email, one you post at your fundraising web page, or one you talk about when introducing Reach & Raise to others.
- Make the most of social media: It’s never been so easy to send messages to your own community. Expressing your commitment to Reach & Raise is as natural as the way you use Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn on a daily basis. For example, change your Facebook profile picture and cover photo to let friends know you’re doing yoga to support people affected by breast cancer. You may be surprised by the outpouring of interest it generates. We have included some sample Facebook and Twitter posts below.
- Balance social media with one-on-one communication: Letters and emails are equally important. They make the person you are reaching feel special and also give you more room to add a specific message and information about LBBC and Reach & Raise.
- Don’t leave out the fun: Asking for donations, even to a cause you believe in, is not everyone’s cup of tea. But keep in mind that you’re offering a fun and unique opportunity to make a difference. There is no event like Reach & Raise in your city; it takes place at a great outdoor locale; it involves yoga and live music and is family-friendly; and it is ultimately about celebration, connection and unity.
- Ask us if you need more tools: We are always trying to update the resources available to those who do the most leg work leading up to Reach & Raise. Please contact Madison Pfeiffer, MA, Special Events Coordinator, at email@example.com or (610) 645-4569 to see what materials we have, such as a poster to recruit team members (at work, church, synagogue or school), a poster which includes a fundraising thermometer showing your progress, links to donation forms to hand out, and a corporate match form to hand in at work to match your fundraising efforts.
- Use our language and statistics: Don’t hesitate to use our language, since we are used to talking about the programs and services of Living Beyond Breast Cancer. Numbers are important, too. You will get people’s attention when they find out that LBBC is a national leader in education and services around breast cancer, that we have the highest Charity Navigator rating (four stars), and that we connect more than 500,000 people every year to trusted information and a community of support.
- Drive your contacts to LBBC.org: We just updated the design and content of our website to make it more user-friendly, easy-to-navigate and inviting. This is a great first point of contact for those who are interested in getting involved. From there, your connections can also choose to like our Facebook page and follow our Instagram and Twitter feeds.
Sample Facebook Posts:
- I am excited to do my part for Living Beyond Breast Cancer’s Reach & Raise, an inspirational fundraising yoga event. Please consider supporting my progress to help ensure no one affected by breast cancer feels alone or uninformed. Click here for more info: [Link personal page]
- Join me for Living Beyond Breast Cancer’s Reach & Raise, an inspirational fundraising yoga event in support of all people affected by breast cancer. You don’t have to be a yoga expert to have fun and make a difference! If you can’t come, you can still donate! Click here for more info: [Link personal page]
- I just signed up for a terrific outdoor yoga event to raise money for Living Beyond Breast Cancer! Join my Reach & Raise team or donate so LBBC can continue to help those affected by breast cancer. Click here for more info: [Link personal page]
- Join me for #ReachandRaise for @LivingBeyondBC! Sign up or donate here to support those affected by breast cancer: [Link personal page]
- Just created my @LivingBeyondBC #ReachandRaise team to support those w/ #breasstcancer! Please join my team here: [Link personal page]
- Please donate to my @LivingBeyondBC #ReachandRaise team to help those w/ #breastcancer! Click here: [Link personal page]