I’m Walking to End Lupus. Join Me?
Imagine a day when doctors can say, “There is a cure for lupus.” Until that day though, there is work to be done. That’s why I’m taking action in the fight against lupus. This is a near and dear cause to me so please join me as I participate in Lupus Foundation of America’s Walk to End Lupus Now™ in Austin, TX to raise critical funds for the estimated 1.5 million people living with lupus in the United States. I myself being one of them.
Will you make a donation to help me reach my personal fundraising goal and support the Foundation's efforts to improve the quality of life for all people affected by lupus? A generous contribution of $25 or $55 can make a definite impact.
Did you know?
- Lupus is a mysterious and misunderstood autoimmune disease. It strikes without warning, affects each person differently, and has no known causes or cure.
- Lupus symptoms can be severe and highly unpredictable and can damage any organ or tissue, from the skin or joints to the heart or kidneys.
- While lupus can strike anyone at any time, 90% of people living with lupus are women. Women of color are at especially high risk.
- Lupus is two to three times more prevalent among African American, Hispanic/Latina, Asian American, Native American, Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian and other Pacific Islander women than among White women.
- Lupus is hard to diagnose, but the Lupus Foundation of America is working to make life easier and more comfortable for the estimated 1.5 million people living with lupus in the United States.
Date: September 29, 2023
Location: Amphitheater at Lake Park- 4550 Mueller Blvd., Austin, TX 78723
Together, we can solve the cruel mystery of lupus. Thank you for your generosity!