Facebook Fundraisers are one of the easiest and fastest ways to support lymphoma research and educational programs. It only takes a few minutes to set up, and 100% of the proceeds benefit the Lymphoma Research Foundation.
Watch this video to see how to set up a Facebook Fundraiser:
Tips for a Successful Fundraiser:
Personalize Your Fundraiser: Share your story and tell your friends and family why supporting lymphoma research is important to you.
Donate Yourself: Make a donation that is meaningful to you right away - this shows everyone how invested you are in your fundraiser.
Share with your inner circle first
Acquaintances are much more likely to donate if they see that you’ve already received donations from other people. That’s why it’s helpful to first share your fundraiser with family and close friends before sharing it with everyone else you know on Facebook.
- Consistently share and post in your fundraiser
- Write captivating posts each time. Share your story; share about LRF's mission or have a specific call to action.
- For example: "We are $200 away from our goal. If 10 people donate $20, our goal will be met!" or “Today is the 15th! I am asking everyone to donate $15.”
- Thank donors by tagging them: Make sure your donors feel seen and appreciated by tagging them in your thank-you.
- Give Yourself Some Extra Time: Have your fundraiser end 4 days after your birthday or preferred end-date to give everyone some extra time to donate.
Up Your Goal: People are much more likely to donate if you have not yet reached your goal. If you reach your goal, consider increasing it by $100 (or more).