Watch Conference Recordings
Watch recordings of the 2020 MS Connect Conference research sessions on-demand! Click each topic to learn more and to watch the session.
Building on progress in MS research - a multi-discipline effort | Dr. Jack Antel
- How to treat MS? - how to select immune-system directed therapies that maximize benefit and minimize risk; interventions that enhance function while living with MS.
- What biologic mechanisms underlie MS progression? - can we protect the brain from ongoing injury and promote repair?
Promoting neuroplasticity and restoration of function in multiple sclerosis | Dr. Michelle Ploughman
Exercise is good for brain health and repair of brain lesions | Dr. Wee Yong
- Recognize lessons learned from stroke rehabilitation that can be applied in MS.
- Discuss that a brain lesion in MS attempts to repair itself.
- Provide experimental data that exercise promotes recovery of brain lesions.
Cognitive dysfunction in people with MS | Dr. Anthony Feinstein
- To understand how computerized testing can make valid cognitive assessments more widely available.
- To appreciate treatment options available for cognitive dysfunction.
In Conversation with Jon Strum and Dr. Jack Antel
- How could artificial intelligence impact diagnosing and/or treating MS?
- What could the role of tele-medicine be in treating people living with MS post-pandemic?
Menu, metabolism and microbiome in MS: news and research advances | Dr. Catherine Larochelle
- Review recent data on the impact of diet, the microbiome and metabolism on immune cells in MS.
- Discuss Vitamin D in relation to the microbiome.
MS fatigue management: state of the science | Dr. Marcia Finlayson
- Fatigue management: Evidence and approaches based on what we currently know
- New directions for fatigue management research
What works for me? Turning evidence into practical solutions for everyday life | Young Adult Panel Session
- What are anti-inflammatory dietary patterns?
- What types of exercise are best and finding what works for you
Living Well with MS | Panel Discussion
- What are some of the biggest challenges facing the MS community and how do we overcome them?
- What should be done to reduce spasticity?