Frequently Asked Questions
1. I need support completing the registration process.
If you need support completing the registration process or would like to register over the phone, please contact the MS Knowledge Network at 1-844-859-6789 and speak to an MS Navigator.
2. Do I need to have a computer to watch the sessions?
You can watch all the sessions using a computer or tablet. We do also offer the option to call and listen to the sessions live. Call-in information will be shared closer to the Conference date.
3. Is the conference available in French as well?
Yes, MS Connect is available in French as well. To watch the conference in French, please register here. Recordings of sessions will be available in both languages after they are presented.
4. I didn’t receive an email confirmation. Did my registration go through?
You will receive an email confirmation with the MS Connect link where you can login to view the sessions. Please check your junk or spam folder to see if this email appears there. If you have not received an email confirmation, please reach out to the MS Connect team at email@example.com.
5. Can I register after the conference begins?
Yes, registration will be open until Thursday, April 29 at 9 p.m. so you can register to watch sessions at any time during the conference.
6. I can’t attend all the sessions; will they be recorded?
Yes, all Research Sessions will be recorded and made available on our website within 24 hours of the scheduled session. Please note that the Social Engagement Sessions will not be recorded and are only available at their scheduled time.
7. Can I participate anonymously?
You can watch all Research Sessions anonymously, however if you participate in the chat box during a live information session your first name will appear publicly. If you would like to remain anonymous, we recommend not using the chat box feature or watching the session recordings when they are made available.
If you participate in a Social Engagement Session your name information will appear publicly. If you would like to remain anonymous, we recommend changing your name to “Anonymous” using these steps.
8. How can I connect with other people affected by MS?
Connect with members of the MS community by attending one of our scheduled Social Engagement Sessions. In our social sessions you can choose to talk to other community members by chat function, video or phone.
Check out our schedule to find a Social Engagement Session for you.
9. How can I connect with MS researchers during the event?
Connect with MS researchers by attending their research presentation. Following each presentation there will be a live Q&A with researchers, where you can ask questions by chat function, video, or phone
10. Will there be information about COVID-19 and MS?
COVID-19 won’t be the main topic of our research discussions, but our researchers and panel members will be available to answer questions. Please click here to view our COVID-19 vaccine guidance and click here to view our MS Society “Hear from the Expert” webinar with Dr. Jodie Burton on COVID-19 vaccines and what they mean for people living with multiple sclerosis that was recorded in February 2021. You can also call our MS Navigators with questions about COVID-19 and MS. They are available Monday to Friday to anyone in Canada from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET at 1-844-859-6789, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or through Live Chat on our website.
11. Will there be information for people who are newly diagnosed with MS?
Yes, there will be a wide range of information and research for people at all stages of their MS diagnosis, as well as social and wellness sessions. We also have recordings of MS 101 webinars available on the MS Society’s website. Additionally, you can call our MS Navigators with questions about MS. They are available Monday to Friday to anyone in Canada from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET at 1-844-859-6789, by email at email@example.com or through Live Chat on our website.
12. Will there be a virtual poster session and a vendor fair in the spring edition?
The virtual poster session and vendor fair will be offered during the fall edition of MS Connect in November 2021.
13. Can I share my conference viewing link with someone else?
No, your login information is unique to you. If someone you know would also like to watch the conference, please share the registration link below.
14. How do I access each day’s session?
After completing your registration, you will have received a confirmation email that contained your conference viewing link. This link is active for you to attend any session and you simply click the link at the time of the session and enter the name and email address you registered with originally. Check out the conference schedule to find session times. If you did not receive a registration confirmation email, please check your junk or spam folder.
15. Is there a cost?
MS Connect is free for anyone to attend. Register today.
16. Will MS Connect take place later this year as well?
Yes, we will be holding another edition in November 2021 with a five-day event schedule.
17. Can I use closed captioning?
Yes, here are the instructions on how to turn on live closed captioning in Google Chrome:
- Click the vertical ellipses in the upper right corner of Google Chrome and select Settings.
- On the Settings page, look to the left side navigation bar, near the bottom, to find Advanced > Accessibility.
- Under Accessibility, turn on Live Caption.