It’s not over yet, we’ll keep our fundraising page until the end of November, but we would like to thank you for your support.
Our objective was to raise $100,000, which we surpassed due to the tremendous generosity we received, so we then changed it to $125,000 and now are proud to inform you that have exceeded $150,000.
To give you a perspective of our project and what a typical day looked like:
- We drove the RV to Vancouver on June 1st it took us 4 days (4,800km)
- Launched our project in Vancouver at our Spicers location on Saturday June 8th
- Finished the project in Halifax on Saturday August 17th at the “Black Rock Beach” in the Halifax Harbor
- We stopped at more than 45 campgrounds (13 were free to support MS).
- We also had customer events at Spicers Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Toronto and Montreal. We had three “Ride A Leg” events in Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal. We also attended the biggest MS Bike Ride in Canada “Leduc to Camrose” (AB) with over 2,000 cyclists. It was amazing.
- Wakeup at 6h00 – breakfast / solar cream / dressing / daily dedication through our media
- Yvon and Marc departure 7h15-7h30 live on Facebook
- RV leaving 60-90 minutes after and to meet 30-40km later (review route, snack, fill up bottles)
- 2nd stop normally half way through our daily mileage for lunch (light lunch)
- RV/Supporters were picking up groceries and preparing meals
- 3rd stop was normally at the campground
- Review emails, provide daily summary through our media, dinner and review next day route and campground. Some played social games
- Coldest day we rode was 4 degrees Celsius for 4 hours in the shade (BC)
- Toughest day was to ride 80km with a 30km/hr face and side wind (AB)
- Our longest ride was 185km, but it was a beautiful sunny day.
- We biked 7,117Km
- 41,358 meters of elevation / 40,872 meters of coming down and relax (not really in the Rockies)
- 23.72km/h was our average speed
- 6 bad days where the weather wasn’t cooperative out of 73
- We were expecting to see more wild life but we only came across 2 moose, 5 deer, 8 coyotes, 6 bears (3 at Lake Louise Castle including one who was coming in our direction 😊) and 2 big wolves.
We had a lot of pleasure riding across Canada in support of MS.
|Marc Boyer||Yvon Jackson||Michel Bergeron|