1. Can I complete online check-in if I have not met my fundraising minimum?
Yes. If you haven’t completed your fundraising requirement (at least $2,300 for walkers, $750 for 20-mile walkers, $500 for Youth Corps) by the time you check in online for the Susan G. Komen 3-Day®, you can still complete online check-in. But you will need to meet your fundraising requirement in order to receive your official Komen 3-Day credential and walk in the event.
If you do not ultimately participate in the event, you are not held responsible for your fundraising requirement.
2. Can I complete online check-in if I have significant medical history (as indicated on the medical history form)?
Yes. However, if you have significant medical history, we strongly suggest that you discuss your participation in the 3-Day® with your primary health care provider and get his or her approval for you to participate.
You are not required to provide us with a note from your doctor with this approval, but we do recommend that you get it.
3. If I input my credit card for an instant self-donation during the online check-in process, but don’t participate in the 3-Day, will I be charged?
Yes. If you make a donation to your own fundraising account during the online check-in process, your card is charged at the time of the donation. It is applied to your fundraising account immediately like a regular donation. It is not refundable.
4. My Follow-Ups page is telling me I made a donation to myself but I didn’t. How do I remove this?
If you purchased towel service during the online check-in process, it will show up as a $12 donation in your donation history. Find this donation in the list on your Follow-Ups page, check the box to the left of it, and click “Clear To-Do Flag.”
5. My Participant Center home page is telling me I have an unthanked donation but I don’t. How do I get this message to change?
If you purchased towel service during the online check-in process, it will show up as a $12 donation in your donation history. Find this donation in the list on your Follow-Ups page, check the box to the left of it, and click “Send email to selected.” Send yourself a thank you email via your Email Center, and the system will acknowledge the donation as “thanked.”
6. If I'm not staying at camp why do I have a tent and gear truck assignment?
If you decline a tent, you will still receive a tent assignment number, since that letter indicates which gear truck you can put your luggage on, if you need your gear transported during the event. This tent/gear assignment will appear on your official event credential.
7. How do I get my official event credential?
If you complete the online check-in process no later than four days prior to your event, you will be able to print your credential at home before the event. The link to print your credential will appear on your online check-in confirmation page on the Wednesday before your 3-Day event. You will be notified by email once your credential is ready for printing. Your credential will not be mailed to you. If you do not print it at home and bring it with you to the event, you will need to wait in line at late check-in before the Opening Ceremony.
8. What do I need to do to make sure I can tent next to my team members?
If you are a member of a team, registered as a walker, and select your tentmate more than 9 days before the event, you will be automatically assigned neighboring tents with your team members who have also selected a tentmate by that deadline. The exact tenting deadline date for your 3-Day appears on the Event Info page in your Participant Center.
Crew members will be assigned tents in the crew area with their crew team. Walkers who select a crew member as a tentmate will also be assigned tents in the crew area.
9. Can a walker select a crew member as a tentmate, or vice versa?
Yes, but these pairs will be assigned to the crew tent section of camp. All crew members are assigned neighboring tents with their crew team.
10. Can a walker or crew member select a 20-mile walker as a tentmate?
No. Participants registered as 20-mile walkers participate on Sunday of the 3-Day event only and do not receive a tent assignment.
11. If I'm registered as a 20-mile walker will I get a tent assignment?
No. Participants registered as Sunday walkers participate on Sunday of the 3-Day event only. There is no overnight stay involved.