Join the Library Family:
Make a Membership Gift
Government funding pays only a portion of the Library's operating expenses.
Membership with the Friends of the Library group is a great way to support NYPL's free and vital services including literacy training, internet access and job search resources.
Plus, Friends receive special benefits such as discounted LIVE tickets, invitations to member events, and the satisfaction of belonging to group of generous and compassionate New Yorkers.
Want to make a monthly membership gift? Click here.
Already a member? Click here.
Field Is Required
Select gift amount
- 10% discount at the Library Shop in the store or online and preferred shopping times with an additional discount
- 20% discount at the Library's café at 5th Avenue and 42nd Street
- Year's subscription to the monthly e-newsletter
- Personalized membership card
All Library Associate benefits, plus:
- Year's subscription to the Library's member newsletter/calendar
- Invitations to Friends-only exhibition previews
- Savings on LIVE from the NYPL general admission tickets and subscriptions
All Friend benefits, plus:
- Invitation for two to the Library's annual Holiday Open House in December
- Invitation to attend the annual members VIP reception
- Invitations to a special Lecture-Luncheon series at a nominal fee
All Supporting Friend benefits, plus:
- Opportunity to bring two additional guests to the Holiday Open House
- Behind-the-scenes tour with expert curators of the Library’s collections
All Patron benefits, plus:
- Invitation to a Conservators Forum, featuring noted writers and speakers
All Sustainer benefits, plus:
- Acknowledgment of your support in the Library's Annual Report
By choosing to not receive benefits with your membership, your gift is fully tax deductible and you will not receive a member card, invitations to events, e-updates, or be eligible for member discounts.
You'll receive email updates related to the Library. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Credit Card Information: