Support the Schomburg Center!
The Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture is one of the world's leading research facilities devoted to the preservation of materials on the global African and African-Diasporan experiences. A focal point of Harlem's cultural life, the Center also functions as the national research library in the field, providing free access to its wide-ranging noncirculating collections. It also sponsors programs and events that illuminate and illustrate the richness of Black history and culture.
The Schomburg Society is made up of committed men and women who are passionate about our mission to preserve the rich history and tell the stirring story of the people of African descent.
Want to make a monthly membership gift? Click here.
Already a member? Click here.
Field Is Required
Select gift amount
- Year's subscription to the Schomburg Center member newsletter, which includes a calendar of events
- 20% discount in the Schomburg Shop
- Special discounts to LIVE from the NYPL events
- Personalized membership card
All Associate benefits, plus:
- Invitations to members-only exhibition previews, lectures, and seminars
- Up to 20% discount on tickets to select Center-sponsored programs
All Friend benefits, plus:
- Invitations to additional VIP events
All Supporting Friend benefits, plus:
- Complimentary gift from the Schomburg Center
All Patron benefits, plus:
- Reserved seating at select Schomburg Center concerts or public events
All Sustainer benefits, plus:
- Ability to gift one Friend level membership
- Acknowledgment in the Schomburg Center newsletter and The New York Public Library's Annual Report
All Conservator benefits, plus:
- Private, behind-the-scenes tour of an exhibition or division of your choice for you and three guests
All Heritage Circle benefits, plus:
- Invitation to an annual luncheon with the Director
By choosing to not receive benefits with your membership, your gift is fully tax deductible and you will not receive a member card, invitations to events, e-updates, or be eligible for member discounts.
You'll receive email updates related to the Library. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Credit Card Information: