The Aware in Care kit includes tools and information that will help people with Parkinson's and their families plan for the next hospital stay.
The kit includes:
- Aware in Care Bag — This black bag is large enough to store all the materials from the Aware in Care kit as well as extra bottles of your Parkinson's medications.
- Hospital Action Plan — This 24 page booklet outlines 10 steps to take to get the best care possible during a hospital stay, and provides additional guidance for people with special needs.
- Parkinson's Disease ID Bracelet — This stainless steel, hypo-allergenic bracelet is designed for 24/7 wear. The bracelet indicates the wearer has Parkinson's disease, refers to the wallet card for more information, and provides the NPF Helpline number for additional assistance.
- Medical Alert Card — This card provides additional guidance about treating a person with Parkinson's disease. It is designed to be folded up and placed in a person's wallet or pocketbook.
- Medication Form — Each kit includes a pad of Medication Forms. The forms may be completed prior to a hospital visit and used to provide a complete list of the medications when requested at the hospital.
- Parkinson's Disease Fact Sheet — This fact sheet provides an overview of Parkinson's and may be shared with hospital staff.
- I Have Parkinson's Reminder Slips — Each kit includes a pad of these reminder slips. Each slip has vital information about Parkinson's disease that may be shared with every member of the care team in the hospital.
- Thank You Card — Each kit includes a thank you card that may be presented to a hospital staff member who provides high quality care.
- Magnet — The magnet, which says, "I have Parkinson's and I need my medications on time, every time," is a visual reminder of the importance of medication timing for people with Parkinson's.
One kit per person please. Please call 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) for more information.