The Aware in Care kit includes tools and information that will help people with Parkinson's and their families plan for the next hospital stay.
The kit includes:
- Aware in Care Bag — This black bag is large enough to store all the materials from the Aware in Care kit as well as extra bottles of your Parkinson's medications.
- Hospital Action Plan — This 24 page booklet outlines 10 steps to take to get the best care possible during a hospital stay, and provides additional guidance for people with special needs.
- Parkinson's Disease ID Bracelet — This stainless steel, hypo-allergenic bracelet is designed for 24/7 wear. The bracelet indicates the wearer has Parkinson's disease, refers to the wallet card for more information, and provides the NPF Helpline number for additional assistance.
- Medical Alert Card — This card provides additional guidance about treating a person with Parkinson's disease. It is designed to be folded up and placed in a person's wallet or pocketbook.
- Medication Form — Each kit includes a pad of Medication Forms. The forms may be completed prior to a hospital visit and used to provide a complete list of the medications when requested at the hospital.
- Parkinson's Disease Fact Sheet — This fact sheet provides an overview of Parkinson's and may be shared with hospital staff.
- I Have Parkinson's Reminder Slips — Each kit includes a pad of these reminder slips. Each slip has vital information about Parkinson's disease that may be shared with every member of the care team in the hospital.
- Magnet — The magnet, which says, "I have Parkinson's and I need my medications on time, every time," is a visual reminder of the importance of medication timing for people with Parkinson's.
One kit per person please. Please call 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) for more information.
NPF has partnered with Parkinson Alberta and Parkinson Society British Columbia to provide the Aware in Care kit to people with Parkinson's in Canada. If you live in Canada, contact Parkinson Alberta at 1-877-243-9992 or Parkinson Society British Columbia at 1-800-668-3330 to order a kit.