Parkinson's Revolution Sacramento
Date: Saturday, February 25, 2023 at 11:00 AM
Location: TEAMride Midtown, 2701 N St STE C, Sacramento, CA 95816 I Map
Ride Times: Ride: 11:15 AM
Contact: Christine Hsu l Tel no. 510-347-8154 l firstname.lastname@example.org
PARKINSON’S REVOLUTION EVENT CITY— SACRAMENTO INFORMATION
Hosted by: TEAMride – Midtown, 2701 N. St. STE C, Sacramento, CA 95816
Date: Saturday, February 25, 2023
Name: Christine Hsu
PARKINSON’S REVOLUTION EVENT DETAILS –
Ride Day Schedule
Please arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled ride time. Use that time to check-in, drop off donations and get ready for the class. Your class will be a 45-minute ride, the total time will be about 60 minutes.
RIDE TIME: 11:15 AM
SWEAT SOCIAL TIME: 12: 15 PM
Location & Parking: where and any instructions on public transportation
Parking: Metered street parking and parking garage attached to TEAMRide’s building on 28th & N. St.
Public Transit: Buses 38, 67, and 68 will stop at 29th St. & N. St. It’s a block away from bus stop. Walk on N. St. toward 28th St., and TEAMRide is on the right side.
Upon arrival, check in at the Parkinson’s Foundation table and a volunteer will assist with reward pick up, help with donations and a TEAMride staff member will confirm your bike and get you ready for your ride.
Revolution Sacramento has SPD clips and Delta clips to borrow or bring your own SPD clips or Delta clips.
What to Wear to Spin Class?
New to indoor cycling? You will want to wear comfortable clothes designed for exercising. Consider wearing tighter pants or shorts that won’t move around as you ride the bike. Wicking material (not cotton) is the best fabric for fitness – when you start sweating it wicks the moisture away from your skin so you can feel comfortable while you ride! A small towel might be useful as well.
Ride Day Tips:
- Drink lots of water before, during and after your class. Staying hydrated is a BIG part of staying healthy.- Bring a full water bottle with you.
- Eat a small snack 45 minutes before class, including morning classes! Exercising on a very full or empty stomach is not recommended.
- Check that your handlebar and seat settings are tightly in place and that your shoes are securely in your pedals. Ask the studio staff for help if it’s your first-time riding – they’re experts and there to help you 😊.
- Please notify instructors before class if you have any injuries so that they can help accommodate and offer modifications.
Please remember Parkinson’s Revolution is a cashless event. Credit card donations can be made before the event online through your participant center. If you would like to make a check donation you can bring that to the event and drop off with event staff.
Parkinson’s Revolution Rewards
Raise funds, get rewards! Riders who raise $250 or more are eligible for Parkinson’s Revolution Rewards which you can pick up on event day at the Swag Station. Click here to learn more about the gear you’ll earn on ride day for raising $250 or more.
Join us for an informal happy hour after our rides are finished. Celebrate with your Parkinson’s community and enjoy light refreshments. The Sweat Social begins at: 12:15 PM
- Masks Optional: Masks are no longer required in their studios.
- Capacity Changes: We will have 51 bikes in Midtown.
- There are currently no requirements in place concerning COVID-19. If you have been recently exposed to COVID-19 or are feeling sick, please join us virtually instead of attending this year’s event.
*The health and safety of our participants, sponsors, volunteers, and staff are our top priority. We are monitoring the pandemic closely and keeping the Parkinson’s community at the forefront of all our decision-making. Changes to the event date and location may be made, if necessary.
We encourage you to visit our website www.parkinson.org to find resources in your area!