Join us for the second annual Great Canadian Splash for Kids!
The Great Canadian Splash for Kids is one of Sunshine’s signature virtual fundraisers. Get involved in fun activities to raise funds from wherever you are and help make dreams come true for kids from coast to coast living with severe physical disabilities or life-threatening illnesses. Fundraise to reach milestones and prizes and through the month of August, complete and post to social media the Splash Challenges you’re sent for the chance to win even more prizes.
When? Anytime in August 2021
Location: You choose!
What? Raise funds to help make life-changing Sunshine Dreams come true and reach a suggested fundraising goal of $200. Before August 31st, complete 3 Splash Challenges provided by Sunshine and 1 bonus “splash-tivity”.
How? Visit the Resources page for fundraising ideas and complete the challenges, and share on social media. Each completion is an entry to win prizes!
Who? You can participate as an individual/family living in the same household, or create a 'Crew'. 'Crews' complete the challenges on their own or together, with their fundraising going towards the crew total.
What are the challenges?
Choose your 'Stream' - Choose 3 of the options
- Float Your Boat - float any boat from a toy, to a yacht, or make a cardboard boat of your own.
- Bubbles! - Make bubbles in any way you want: draw them, blow them, get creative and make some!
- Water Fight - get someone or something (a pet?) wet with water balloons, a splash of water, or the garden hose!
- Wet your Whistle and Whistle a tune - take a sip of a favourite drink, and whistle or your favourite tune or have some music on in the background
- Make a Splash! Design Your Own Challenge! Get Creative and Make a Splash Any Way You Want! This is a great opportunity to involve the people making pledges – get them to design your big Splash
Ideas: *See the Incentives on the Resources page for more*
- Wear a costume and run or roll through a splash pad or sprinkler
- Draw a picture of a scuba diver
- Water your outdoor plants…and yourself!
- Plunge into a pool, lake, or ocean
- Skip a stone on the water
What's in it for you? Flood our socials with your #SplashForKids pictures or videos on our Facebook and/or tag us on Instagram at @SunshineFound to share your completed challenges. Every completed challenge is a chance to win great prizes!
The Great Canadian Splash for Kids is one of The Sunshine Foundation of Canada’s signature fundraising event, so we need your help in raising vital funds to help change the lives of families affected by severe physical disabilities.
We are asking each individual to fundraise at least $200, and will encourage you along the way with opportunities to win great prizes and bragging rights.
All registered participants will get access to a personal fundraising page (called Splash Central) that will make fundraising easy. In the Resources Page, you'll find a Fundraising Guide, and some really fun and creative challenges to help you reach your goal. The best news? We will reward you for achieving different fundraising levels along the way!
If you are unable to participate in the event but would still like to support, please consider making a donation.