RIC is a donor experience unlike any other. When you join RIC, you’ll become part of a group that gets uncommon access to behind-the-scenes research. Each year, your group will choose one top scientist to receive RIC funding for their groundbreaking project. And you’ll share your ideas and skills with hospital leadership.
This is your chance to impact some of the toughest and timeliest health issues. Invest $10,000 per year over five years and bring the next medical invention to life.
Dr. Gaspard Montandon is hunting down an antidote to the opioid crisis with his bold biological research to prevent overdose.
In her groundbreaking research, Dr. Sakina Rizvi is examining ways to accurately predict suicide so new treatments can be developed.
Gwen Harvey, Co-Chair
John Hunkin, Co-Chair
Melissa Martin, Co-Chair
Albert P. Pace
Become a RIC Member
With an investment of $10,000 per year for 5 years ($50,000) you will receive:
- A five-year membership to the Research Innovation Council.
- A seat at the annual Investment Meeting where the Council deliberates on proposed research projects and collaboratively funds the preferred project from the Research Innovation Fund.
- An invitation to the RIC annual Research Leadership Dinner to meet and learn from St. Michael’s Hospital’s research experts.
- Tailored opportunities to learn directly from our lead researchers throughout the year.
- A chance to introduce members of your network to the exciting world of research by inviting them to Angels Den, St. Mike’s annual battle for breakthroughs hosted at Koerner Hall.
- RIC meeting with the winners of Angels Den each year.
- Insider bulletins about impactful research advances.
For more information about joining the Research Innovation Council, please contact Jennifer Gray, Chief Philanthropy Officer.416-864-5611 email@example.com
If you do not wish to join RIC right now, you can still support revolutionary research and help us take on some of the toughest medical challenges of our time.DONATE
IT ALL BEGAN WITH ANGELS DEN
From a tiny classroom at St. Michael's Hospital, to a full house at Koerner Hall - Angels Den has grown to become the hottest health-care competition in Canada. Each year, eight teams of world-leading scientists pitch their game-changing research to a panel of celebrity judges. At stake? Half-a-million dollars in critical funding and a chance to take home two of the top medical prizes in the country. Donors wanted more. So, we created RIC - an experience of discovery unlike any other. A chance to impact some of the most pressing health issues all year long.
To learn more about Angels Den click here.