Did you know? 80% of all of the health care you’ll ever need you’ll receive locally. In Toronto’s west end, 500,000 people turn to St. Joseph’s Health Centre.
St. Joe’s needs support from the community because government funding doesn’t fully cover costs of building new spaces, modernizing facilities or buying new equipment.
This year, riders in Cycle 4 St. Joe’s will help support key priorities such as:
- Improving the Emergency Department
- Buying new equipment
- Providing additional resources for Mental Health patients
St. Joseph’s Emergency Department receives over 100,000 visits annually, but was built to handle only 65,000 visits. Your support can help modernize the space to improve patient care.
You’ll be helping us provide more advanced care by replacing or upgrading much needed equipment, for example:
- new ultrasound machines for more accurate images and shorter waiting times for patients;
- new ventilator for the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit to help premature babies breathe;
- state-of-the-art devices to monitor the hearts of cardiac patients as they go about everyday life.
Thanks to donors, St. Joseph’s recently transformed our Mental Health Emergency Services Unit. We now have a state-of-the art facility for patients experiencing a mental health or addiction crisis. Your fundraising for Cycle, can help provide additional support and programs.