Rainbow Comma Woven Patch
Decorate clothes, notebooks, or any flat surface with these colorful twill
patches. Rainbow comma shaped patch with super strong self-stick backing. No
need to sew, but may be ironed to seal adhesive; machine washable. 2 ½” h X 1
Package of 5 for $16.50
Use these colorful twill patches for
clothing, scrap booking, quilting, crafting, home decoration. They can be added
to just about anything that can take heat from an iron (including paper!)! The
options are nearly endless.
You can always revert to a bit of glue or
hand sewing to keep your patch secure.
- Set household iron to "dry" not steam setting.
- Pre-heat to cotton setting (or if unsure of your fabric, one or two
- Position your patch as desired and cover with a pressing cloth (a thick
or doubled paper towel works fine).
- Place a firm piece of cardboard or other firm, heat safe backing
underneath. While some patches adhere quite readily using your ironing board
cover, the backing you use can require additional time as the cover pad draws
heat as well.
- From the front of the patch, press the iron flat in an up and down
motion (do not move back/forth/around) for 25 to 40 seconds to tack the patch
- Turn inside out (if possible) and using pressing cloth repeat from
reverse side for 30 to 45 seconds.
- ALLOW to cool, completely.
- Test an edge of the patch with your fingernail to ensure it is secure.
- If not, repeat increasing the amount of time 10% - 20% each time taking
care to ensure the patch and fabric are protected. Rather than a paper towel,
we recommend using a real pressing cloth (thin, lightweight cotton or muslin
fabric) or, at least, tripling the paper towel.