A 10 Session Program for Groups
Tim Scorer Marcus J. Borg
book: 7.25" x 9",
booklets: 7" x 8.5"
An experiential study to accompany Marcus Borg's book, Jesus, in which he leads the reader on a journey to discover who Jesus was, what he taught, and why he still matters today. As participants in the study give themselves to the ten sessions they will experience the masterful way that Borg uncovers a Jesus they may never have known before: a religious revolutionary, a Jewish mystic totally centered in the reality of God, and a movement initiator who opened a path of personal and political transformation. This 10-session curriculum includes:
• 132 page leader's guide
• 10 full-color poster visuals
• 12 Participant booklets (extra Participants booklets are available in sets of 6)
• DVD featuring video clips of Marcus Borg
• 1 copy of the source book Jesus: Uncovering the Life, Teachings and Relevance of a Religious Revolutionary
Valuable additions to your adult program library that you will want to use again and again. Everything you need to begin is included.
View a Sample: Session 3
It's a curriculum that...
About the Authors
Tim Scorer is a master of experiential spiritual formation. Tim brings his passion for transformational faith and his practical experience with community organizations, congregations, and retreatants. He is author of Experiencing the Heart of Christianity (for groups) and co-author of Living the Heart of Christianity (for individuals), and the editor of the free e-newsletter, Christian Books INSIGHT, which connects people of the emerging Christian Way. Tim was a long-time member of the management team at Naramata Centre, a retreat education centre of The United Church of Canada, and for three years on staff at Penticton United.
Marcus J. Borg, Author
Marcus Borg is Hundere Distinguished Professor of Religion and Culture at Oregon State University and the author of the bestselling books The Heart of Christianity: Rediscovering a Life of Faith; Meeting Jesus Again for the First Time; Reading the Bible Again for the First Time; and The God We Never Knew. He is in great demand as a speaker throughout the United States and Canada and he increasingly focuses on the topic of how to be a true Christian in the contemporary world.
10 reasons to use Experience! Faith Formation Curriculum for Adults
It's a curriculum that...
1. Introduces lay people to contemporary theological insight
2. Presents Christianity as a persuasive option for 21st century seekers
3. Opens the Bible in engaging and challenging ways
4. Takes seriously the authentic experience and life concerns of learners
5. Gives tools and confidence to small group leaders of all levels of experience
6. Integrates small group learning and worship into one sacred process
7. Stays open to the movement of Spirit in the interaction of the learners
8. Speaks to the full humanity of each person - body, mind, emotion and spirit
9. Balances the story of tradition with the story of God's unfoldin guniverse
10. Makes real the possibility of transformation in the lives of people today
"Tim Scorer's thoughtful planning, caring guidance and skillful leadership brought Marcus Borg's words alive and ignited my passion in rediscovering what God and Jesus meant to me. I couldn't wait to participate in each week's thought-provoking and stimmulating activities!"
Lori McCoy, West Vancouver
We also recommend . . .