Please be sure and log your call to tell us how your call went so we can make sure your state senator gets the facts to make the right decision.
Tips on What to Say When You Make Your Call:
• Hi, my name is ______, and I am a constituent from your district. I live in ______.
• I am calling to urge my state senator to oppose Senate Bill 58, which would effectively roll back Ohio's successful renewable energy and energy efficiency standards.
• Renewable energy generation has tripled since the program started in 2008. Energy efficiency programs have saved billions of kilowatt-hours of electricity and millions of dollars for consumers.
• Unfortunately, Senate Bill 58 would halt progress on installing new wind and solar capacity in Ohio, and export clean energy jobs to other states. This bill would also hand over a significant portion of consumers' savings from energy efficiency to utilities.
• That is why I urge Senator ______ to oppose Senate Bill 58 and ensure Ohio continues to harvest the benefits of clean energy.
• Do you know if the senator plans to vote "No" on Senate Bill 58? (Record response below)
• I appreciate your time. Thank you.
If you reach voicemail, feel free to leave a message.