1. Call the number above and tell the person who
answers the phone that you are a constituent from (your hometown).
the person you are calling to oppose
deep and disproportionate cuts to the International Affairs Budget in the FY
3. Use the additional talking points below if you
4. After you are done, log your call so we can keep
- The International Affairs Budget funds programs
that fight terrorism, keeps our service members safe and creates American jobs
here at home.
- House Budget Chairman Paul Ryan’s new budget proposal would cut development and diplomacy
programs by a dramatic 30%.
cuts are stark and disproportionate compared to other national security
accounts. Cuts of this magnitude
put our national security at risk
and diminish our global engagement
- As your constituent, I am asking you to strongly
oppose deep and disproportionate cuts to the International
Affairs Budget. Thank you very much.