- Call the phone number above and tell the person
answering the phone that you are a constituent from (your hometown).
- Tell them you’re calling to urge your Senator to
oppose amendments that make additional cuts to the International Affairs Budget.
- Use the talking points below if you’d
Talking Points on Senate Action on the FY12 International
Will Diminish America’s Global Leadership and Competiveness
- International Affairs programs help tackle the
root causes of conflict and extremism, respond to humanitarian crises, and
build new markets for U.S. goods and services.
- But these programs are being forced to shoulder
disproportionately deep budget cuts – cuts that are not in our nation’s best
- The International Affairs Budget absorbed nearly
20% of the total spending cuts in the final FY11 spending agreement earlier
this year, even though it’s only 1.4% of the budget.
- With the FY12 State-Foreign Operations bill on
the Senate floor, the International Affairs Budget is very vulnerable to amendments
that would make additional deep cuts.
- These amendments, if adopted, could result in
the steepest cuts to International Affairs programs since the height of the
- These are real cuts with harmful
- We urge you to oppose amendments to
the FY12 State-Foreign Operations bill that will impose further deep cuts to international affairs programs.