Come celebrate womanhood with our current and past female clients of Volunteers of America of Indiana! Make a new friend to bridge the gap between incarcerated females and females who have never known incarceration, and learn valuable knowledge and essential tools to be your best self. Proceeds from this event will go toward the work of the Second Chance Mentoring Program.
Lunch will be provided.
Registration is only $15 until May 19! Then the price raises to $25.
- 10 am - 11:15 am: Registration
- 11:30 am - 12:30 pm: Keynote Speaker
- 12:30 pm - 12:50 pm: Lunch
- 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm: Breakout Workshops
- 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm: Fashion Show
The keynote speaker will be La Tonya Brown, who is a mentor to women transitioning out of prison or jail. Her mother used to be a client of Volunteers of America of Indiana.
Learn from women just like you who will cover these topics in the breakout workshops:
- Faithing It: A Look at Spiritual Health
- Girls, Get Your Money Straight: Financial Literacy
- Mind Matters: A Mental Health Panel
- Stay Fit: A Focus on Physical Health
A unique mix of local vendors will also be present, offering various local nonprofit resources and items for sale including jewelry, crafts, perfume, and skincare.
Contact Stephanie Fulk for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-200-3637.